Lavender Pin Cushion Tutorial
- Fabric (as big as you want your pin cushion)
- Lavender (I used about 3 tablespoons for a 9cm squared cushion)
- Toy stuffing/fabric or yarn scraps/cotton wool
- Sewing machine
- Needle and thread - either a contrasting or matching colour to your fabric
- Overlocker (optional)
1. Cut out two square pieces of fabric the same size, allowing a 1cm seam allowance. The square can be as small or large as you would like your pin cushion to be. I cut a 10cm square, which included a 1cm seam allowance.
2. Pin both squares together, right sides facing.
3. Sew around 3 sides using either a zig-zag stitch or an overlock machine to join the fabrics. Cut off any excess, being careful not to cut to close to your stitches. If you're using an overlocker, then you won't need to cut any excess off. The photo below shows what it looks like using an overlocker.
4. Sew along the remaining top edge using either a zig-zag or straight stitch, leaving a gap in the middle, so that you can turn your pin cushion the right side out.