Guest Blogger: 10 DIY Lampshade Ideas by Ian Holbrooke
3) The Yarn Lamp
What could be simpler than spinning a yarn around your lamp? Not the made-up story kind, the woollen kind. Twine can be substituted if desired and involves minimal effort; for a more complete and unique pattern, use different coloured threads to create contrast.
4) The Wanderlust Lamp
Use a map of the Earth to paper your lampshade and have the light of the world shine into your bedroom! A similar, duller effect can be achieved by cutting a globe in half and positioning over your open bulb, creating the perfect light source to welcome home an avid traveller.
5) The Chopstick Lamp
Stockpiled a small mountain of chopsticks from all those takeaway sushi deliveries? Well, now you can put them to use by suspending them from the upper frame of your lamp, for an oriental and minimalist lampshade.
6) The Vintage Slide Lamp
Dig out those old negatives from the days before digital cameras were quite so dominant and have them converted to slides at your nearest photographic developer. Then, simply safety-pin them together and arrange around your light source, creating a retro shade to evoke nostalgic memories of the good old days.
7) The Balsa Lamp
Balsa is a pliable wood, making it easy to bend and contort around your lamp. With a little bit of invention, you can come up with some really interesting ideas and designs.
8) The Twig Lamp
Scout around in the back garden and gather today a bundle of dry twigs. Once they are cleaned off, simply arrange them around your lamp and secure either with twine or by suspension to create a rustic and ‘au naturel’ look to your room lighting.
9) The Fork Lamp
Create a trendy and modern pattern on your lampshade with a pot of paint and an old fork, imprinting the three prongs along the fabric in any sequence you desire.
• Literary Lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/158822324333231289/
• Vintage Negatives Lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/574279389955520465/
• Map Lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/440578776018285517/
• Faux Flower Lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/208573026466696838/
• Yarn Lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/109845678386029539/
• Chopstick Lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/98445941824285051/
• Balsa Lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/155022412144181666/
• Twig Lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/263319909432296913/
• Cityscape Lamp: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/436075176390838117/